Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 3
It's no wonder then that Z-Bo (" 'Z' because he was the last of three children and 'Bo' because he is a boy," says his father) seldom talks about his feats to his fellow first-graders at home in Champaign, Ill. "They don't believe me," he finds.
Guided by father Jess, a plumber and pipe fitter who has raced motorcycles professionally, Z-Bo learned to ride at 2½ and by 5 was bouncing over barrels his father laid down for him. "He has trouble tying his shoelaces, but he can do this," boasts Dad, who recognized his son's showbiz potential two years ago and has since encouraged him to perform at local race meets and state fairs. Last February Z-Bo earned $1,500 for an appearance on Japanese television in which he rode a giant Honda 80—specially adapted to his height with two-inch lifts on the pedals—over a bank of five car hoods, then encored with a dive through a five-section burning wall, his most daring feat to date.
Z-Bo has yet to take a serious spill, and even his mother, Judy, has become less apprehensive about the dangers. For his part, Z-Bo, who enjoys reading and drawing as much as learning to ride his dad's 100-plus horsepower Honda V65, has no desire to one-up Evel Knievel. He has seen some footage of Knievel's films and declares, "His stunts are too dangerous. I just want to jump over barrels."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!