Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mama June Shannon Mad Over TLC's 'Double Standard' for Not Canceling 19 Kids and Counting
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Teen Mom Beats the Odds, Becomes Valedictorian (Video)
- Nikki Reed Shares Romantic Wedding Day Video Full of Kisses with Ian Somerhalder
- Texas Woman Rescues Seven People from Flood: 'Fear Wasn't Going to Serve Anyone in that Moment'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 4
Left to Her Own Devices, This Knight in Modish Armor Is Now Singing Her Own Songs
The Manhattan-raised daughter of an anesthesiologist, Knight studied classical piano as a child and, after two years at the Boston School of Electronic Music, played keyboards and sang with an unsuccessful New York rock band. She shifted her goals after a chance meeting with ex-Blondie producer Mike Chapman in 1978 convinced her she should pursue songwriting. Knight moved to L.A. five years ago and since then has collaborated with Chapman and other writers on songs like The Warrior for Patty Smyth and Obsession for Animotion.
Given her plans to make a second Device album soon, Knight knows she must begin stockpiling her work. Recently she had to hedge when Tina Turner asked for a new song. But the stars don't seem to be holding it against her. Says Heart's Nancy Wilson, "Knowing how talented Holly is, I think it's natural that she have her own band, and we wish her the best."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!