Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Witnessing History and Breaking Stigmas – Why This Dad Brought His 1-Year-Old Son to the DNC
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Charges Dropped Against Man Previously Convicted of Chandra Levy's Murder
- Mom Breastfeeds Her Baby at Triathlon Finish Line: 'Got My Medal and Fed My Baby Like a Champ!'
- 6 Easy Ways to Add Tropical Flair to Your Home with the Novogratz
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 5
A Zoo's Play-Doh Playday Creates Some Big Feets of Clay
Despite strong competition from a 10-foot redfish (set in a Play-Doh skillet with Play-Doh veggies) and a green 17-foot stegosaurus, Marilyn & Hurricane Manatee, a bewhiskered 10-foot aquatic mammal and her calf (above), won first prize fins down. After a preservative shellacking, the couple was quickly scheduled for display at the zoo's children's village. The 36,000 empty Play-Doh cans left behind (left) were even more quickly scheduled for a trip to the trash heap.
Losers among the 100 participating architects-turned-sculptors quickly dismissed notions that the unusual medium caused any artistic missteps. Sniffed Greg Decoursey, 32 (whose firm's 10-foot narwhale, alas, swam out of the money): "I've been familiar with Play-Doh since kindergarten."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!