Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sperm Donor Who Allegedly Fathered 36 Kids and Claimed Genius-Level IQ Admits 'He Was Not Truthful': Police
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Cheryl Burke on Returning to DWTS and What It's Really Like Working with Ryan Lochte
- WATCH: Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and More Show Off Their Best Moves in Surfaced Dancing with the Stars Audition Tapes
- Heart Singer Ann Wilson's Husband Dean Stuart Wetter Charged With Assaulting Twin Teenage Nephews
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 5
A Zoo's Play-Doh Playday Creates Some Big Feets of Clay
Despite strong competition from a 10-foot redfish (set in a Play-Doh skillet with Play-Doh veggies) and a green 17-foot stegosaurus, Marilyn & Hurricane Manatee, a bewhiskered 10-foot aquatic mammal and her calf (above), won first prize fins down. After a preservative shellacking, the couple was quickly scheduled for display at the zoo's children's village. The 36,000 empty Play-Doh cans left behind (left) were even more quickly scheduled for a trip to the trash heap.
Losers among the 100 participating architects-turned-sculptors quickly dismissed notions that the unusual medium caused any artistic missteps. Sniffed Greg Decoursey, 32 (whose firm's 10-foot narwhale, alas, swam out of the money): "I've been familiar with Play-Doh since kindergarten."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!