Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lady Gaga Takes the Plunge with Taylor Kinney – but It's Not What You Think
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Kim and Khloé Help Ryan Seacrest Ring in His Belated Birthday in Napa
- 5 Things to Know About UFC Champ Ronda Rousey
- SNL Imagines an Even More Awkward Fifty Shades Press Tour (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 5
A Zoo's Play-Doh Playday Creates Some Big Feets of Clay
Despite strong competition from a 10-foot redfish (set in a Play-Doh skillet with Play-Doh veggies) and a green 17-foot stegosaurus, Marilyn & Hurricane Manatee, a bewhiskered 10-foot aquatic mammal and her calf (above), won first prize fins down. After a preservative shellacking, the couple was quickly scheduled for display at the zoo's children's village. The 36,000 empty Play-Doh cans left behind (left) were even more quickly scheduled for a trip to the trash heap.
Losers among the 100 participating architects-turned-sculptors quickly dismissed notions that the unusual medium caused any artistic missteps. Sniffed Greg Decoursey, 32 (whose firm's 10-foot narwhale, alas, swam out of the money): "I've been familiar with Play-Doh since kindergarten."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!