Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Why Amy Winehouse's Mom Has No Regrets: 'I Couldn't Have Done Anything Different'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Tom Hiddleston Attends Comic-Con After Trip Down Under with Taylor Swift
- WATCH AND SHOP: This Self Tanner Works Instantly (Then Lasts for Weeks!)
- Jackson Rathbone Introduces Daughter Presley Bowie: My Baby Girl Will Make My Son a 'Better Man'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 22, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 12
A Hollywood Do for Whoopi G. and Mr. Who
Levendis didn't know the groom from Adam. Nor did most of the celebrated guests who attended the A-list party, held a week later in a friend's Beverly Hills home. A documentary filmmaker, Claessen met Goldberg while they worked together on a movie project five months ago, or so believes Goldberg's mono-monikered personal secretary, Marushka. Then again, they might have met during the making of Comic Relief. Marushka does know that "Whoopi knew the minute she met David that he was IT." Elliott Gould said he knew Claessen to be a "real sweet, sensitive guy," but many guests echoed Carroll O'Connor's mumbled remark: "Love her, don't know him." Producer Bob Zmuda recalls meeting Claessen at a Comic Relief press conference. "He's very handsome, very hip," says Zmuda. "I believe it was him I met."
Outside, fans and photogs were only interested in who they did know—a disparate celeb grab bag that included Barry Manilow, George Segal, Dolly Parton, Carol Burnett, Catherine Oxen-berg, Penny Marshall, Kenny Rogers, Robert Palmer, Mel Gibson and Cher. The verdict on the happy couple? "Blissed," said Robin Williams. "I've got a vibe they've got something great going," said actor James Woods. Summed up noted social observer Hugh Hefner: "They've got a serious case of the cutes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!