Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's Sweet Anniversary Message to Wife Kim Kardashian: 'The Girl of My Dreams'
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Unusually Buff Kangaroo Intimidates Australian Neighborhood (Video)
- Rachel McAdams Tears Up as She Plays Bridesmaid for Sister Kayleen
- The Bachelorette Recap: Kupah Doesn't Understand Boundaries and Ben Z. Sends Jared to the Hospital
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 22, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 12
A Hollywood Do for Whoopi G. and Mr. Who
Levendis didn't know the groom from Adam. Nor did most of the celebrated guests who attended the A-list party, held a week later in a friend's Beverly Hills home. A documentary filmmaker, Claessen met Goldberg while they worked together on a movie project five months ago, or so believes Goldberg's mono-monikered personal secretary, Marushka. Then again, they might have met during the making of Comic Relief. Marushka does know that "Whoopi knew the minute she met David that he was IT." Elliott Gould said he knew Claessen to be a "real sweet, sensitive guy," but many guests echoed Carroll O'Connor's mumbled remark: "Love her, don't know him." Producer Bob Zmuda recalls meeting Claessen at a Comic Relief press conference. "He's very handsome, very hip," says Zmuda. "I believe it was him I met."
Outside, fans and photogs were only interested in who they did know—a disparate celeb grab bag that included Barry Manilow, George Segal, Dolly Parton, Carol Burnett, Catherine Oxen-berg, Penny Marshall, Kenny Rogers, Robert Palmer, Mel Gibson and Cher. The verdict on the happy couple? "Blissed," said Robin Williams. "I've got a vibe they've got something great going," said actor James Woods. Summed up noted social observer Hugh Hefner: "They've got a serious case of the cutes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!