Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- UFC Champion Ronda Rousey KOs Challenger in 34 Seconds, Tells Her 'Don't Cry'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Beatrice Borromeo Wears Armani (Twice!) for Round Two of Her Monaco Royal Nuptials
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink 'Do Watching St. Vincent at Music Festival
- Kelly Rutherford's Emotional Six-Year Custody Battle in 5 Clicks
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 29, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 13
Their Pop Don't Preach Exactly, but Tatiana and Johnny Are Putting Out the Word: Be Careful with Sex
Designed to encourage premarital responsibility among Latin American teens, the songs have generated surprising interest—Cuando was No. 1 in Mexico and went Top 10 in 16 other countries. The songs have also generated controversy, thanks to their provocative style. But "if kids see sexy people saying no, they can say no, too," reasons 17-year-old Tatiana Chapa de Palacios, a Mexican-born pop singer and actress. "Besides," says Puerto Rico's Johnny Lozada, 18, a former member of Menudo, "if they saw a couple of nerds onscreen, they wouldn't listen."
That was exactly the strategy Patrick Coleman had in mind when the 38-year-old director of Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services Project decided a warning against "children having children" should be made hip. With the help of former RCA records executive Frank Segura, he got the songs written, recorded and distributed. Now the pair are planning spin-off projects in other languages. Says Segura, "This is a lot more satisfying than promoting Billy Idol."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!