Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Katherine Webb Is Working on Getting Back to Her Pre-Baby Body: 'But There's No Rush'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Holiday in the Sun! Mary-Kate Olsen Wears Tiny Black Bikini in the French Riviera
- WATCH: Adriana Lima Demonstrates How to Get Her Signature Sexy Pose
- Rihanna Rocked Central Park, Chris Martin Covered Prince – and the Other Top Moments from Global Citizen Festival
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 06, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 14
Cleveland's New Pet Supermart Puts the Cart Before the Dog
Open since August, the Supermart and the nation's three other trot-through establishments may represent the future of pet-supply retailing. The advantages they offer are those of paws-on shopping: A dog, for example, can immediately determine if a pair of rubber bootees is the right size, thus eliminating the need for returns. Such stores also provide a certain amount of ego gratification for humans, who can walk the animals on leashes or push them around in shopping carts. "People like to show their pets off, just like their children," says Perry.
Planning to open two other marts in the Cleveland area, Perry reports that customer relations are excellent. There have been no incidents of patrons chasing each other or knocking over displays. "The only problem is dogs occasionally coming in and getting excited," he says. "But we just get a bucket and mop and clean it up."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!