Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eric Paslay Marries Natalie Harker
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Suki Waterhouse and James Marsden Grab Dinner Together in LA
- Controversial Artist Debuts New Painting of Pregnant Princess Kate Outside St. Mary's Hospital (PHOTO)
- Soleil Moon Frye: Mila and Ashton's Daughter Is 'Absolutely Beautiful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 06, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 14
Cleveland's New Pet Supermart Puts the Cart Before the Dog
Open since August, the Supermart and the nation's three other trot-through establishments may represent the future of pet-supply retailing. The advantages they offer are those of paws-on shopping: A dog, for example, can immediately determine if a pair of rubber bootees is the right size, thus eliminating the need for returns. Such stores also provide a certain amount of ego gratification for humans, who can walk the animals on leashes or push them around in shopping carts. "People like to show their pets off, just like their children," says Perry.
Planning to open two other marts in the Cleveland area, Perry reports that customer relations are excellent. There have been no incidents of patrons chasing each other or knocking over displays. "The only problem is dogs occasionally coming in and getting excited," he says. "But we just get a bucket and mop and clean it up."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!