Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beach Break? Shop These Amazing July 4th Sales!
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- The Very Best Celebrity Food Photos of the Week
- The Blue Lagoon Turns 35! Christopher Atkins Returns to Turtle Island, Says a 'Flood of Memories Came Back'
- Bikini Babe Lucy Hale Has Fun in the Sun with Her New Boyfriend on Hawaiian Getaway
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 06, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 14
Cleveland's New Pet Supermart Puts the Cart Before the Dog
Open since August, the Supermart and the nation's three other trot-through establishments may represent the future of pet-supply retailing. The advantages they offer are those of paws-on shopping: A dog, for example, can immediately determine if a pair of rubber bootees is the right size, thus eliminating the need for returns. Such stores also provide a certain amount of ego gratification for humans, who can walk the animals on leashes or push them around in shopping carts. "People like to show their pets off, just like their children," says Perry.
Planning to open two other marts in the Cleveland area, Perry reports that customer relations are excellent. There have been no incidents of patrons chasing each other or knocking over displays. "The only problem is dogs occasionally coming in and getting excited," he says. "But we just get a bucket and mop and clean it up."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!