Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Penélope Cruz Once Styled Salma Hayek's Hair in the Dark
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- NBA Star Bryce Dejean-Jones Shot Dead in Dallas After Reportedly Entering the Wrong Apartment
- Amanda de Cadenet Sends Messages of Support for Friend Amber Heard After the Actress Claims Husband Johnny Depp Abused Her
- All-Star Memorial Day Recipes from Your Favorite Celebrity Chefs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 06, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 14
From the Empire Comes News of An Heir, New Hair & Maggie on a Roll
For her part, Princess Diana got a new do—a '50s DA no less—which caused the London tabs to blush, shyly referring to the Teddy Boys style as "the rear end of a duck" and a "Duck's Anatomy." Before finishing her vacation, Di flew her hairdresser to Balmoral in Scotland for a three-inch knockoff with sides swept back to meet at the nape of the neck. Then she hightailed it back to London. Hardly outdone, Fergie, the Duchess of York, made a public appearance sporting a '50s-style ponytail. Straighter and lighter than her real hair, alas, the comely coiffure was not her own.
Meanwhile, the winds of autumn blew like the winds of war as Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher put her mettle to the pedal of a Challenger tank at the NATO training ground near Fallingbostel, West Germany. It may make some people nervous to know that she and West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl manned the guns of separate tanks. But since they both aimed their practice shells exclusively at test targets (and both hit bull's-eyes), the event ended amicably. It might not have been as friendly if they had competed in a Snoopy lookalike contest. The Brits would have won, no contest.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!