Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- RHOA Reunion: Did Apollo Ever Get Physical with Phaedra?
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Daytime Emmys Awards 2015: And the Winners Are ...
- Game of Thrones Recap: 'High Sparrow'
- KUWTK: Rob Says Scott's Drunken Antics Have Him Acting 'Crazy'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 19
Thanks to High-Tech Toyland, You Can Now Talk to the Animals and They'll Talk Right Back
When these toys talk, they're talking big bucks, from $60 for Galoob's Smarty Bear, $65 for Hasbro's Bingo Bear and Monkgomery Monkey to $70 for Coleco's Wrinkles and Galoob's Baby Talk.
Child psychologist Susan Youdovin thinks the toys are good because "they use imagination on a higher level." Angela Bourdon, of the giant Toys "R" Us chain, says she expects the talking toys to be big sellers this Christmas. "The whole category is new, exciting and different," she says. "Parents are entertained as well as the children."
So if it's the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse—be thankful and enjoy the quiet. By next morning, it will be bedlam.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!