Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hillary Clinton Has a Hot Nephew and the Internet Can't Get Over It
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Georgia Woman Allegedly Researched People Who Kill Their Families – Then Shot Daughter-in-Law: Police
- 'I Cried for an Hour': Sandy Hook Parents Return to 'Sacred Ground' at Site of School Massacre
- Jared Leto: Playing the Joker in Suicide Squad 'Was a Role of a Lifetime'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 19
Thanks to High-Tech Toyland, You Can Now Talk to the Animals and They'll Talk Right Back
When these toys talk, they're talking big bucks, from $60 for Galoob's Smarty Bear, $65 for Hasbro's Bingo Bear and Monkgomery Monkey to $70 for Coleco's Wrinkles and Galoob's Baby Talk.
Child psychologist Susan Youdovin thinks the toys are good because "they use imagination on a higher level." Angela Bourdon, of the giant Toys "R" Us chain, says she expects the talking toys to be big sellers this Christmas. "The whole category is new, exciting and different," she says. "Parents are entertained as well as the children."
So if it's the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse—be thankful and enjoy the quiet. By next morning, it will be bedlam.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!