Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Conan O'Brien Learns Never to Ask Will Ferrell About His Bird (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Why Hasn't Andy Cohen Gotten a Good Night's Sleep in 25 Years?
- Website Posts Anorexic Woman's Photos in List of 'Amazing Weight Loss Transformations'
- Jason Derulo: 'I'm Not Looking to Settle Down Right Away' After Jordin Sparks Split
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 19
Backs to the Future
Bouncy, Billowy or Bare, a New View Dominates the Fashion Forefront
Why indeed. It was Christian Lacroix, the playful couturier of the House of Patou, who earlier this year caught the fancy of the high-fashion world with billowy bustles and jaunty rear-end accoutrements. Suddenly it became important to look smashing coming and going.
Most designers think that the back is an underrated female asset. "There's nothing sexier than a dress that's completely covered in the front and completely cut out in the back," says Bob Mackie. Still, there's bound to be grumbling from some men who find the change of focus, well, backward.
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!