Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- After Record-Shattering Debate, Donald Trump Goes on the Attack and Hillary Clinton Takes a Victory Lap
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Royals on Campus! William and Kate Head Back to School During Canadian Tour
- Princess Kate Channels Prince Charles (Yes, Prince Charles) on Canadian Tour
- Mom Speaks Out (and Does Some Yoga) After Getting Shamed for Breastfeeding in Public – by Her Own Father
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 19
Backs to the Future
Bouncy, Billowy or Bare, a New View Dominates the Fashion Forefront
Why indeed. It was Christian Lacroix, the playful couturier of the House of Patou, who earlier this year caught the fancy of the high-fashion world with billowy bustles and jaunty rear-end accoutrements. Suddenly it became important to look smashing coming and going.
Most designers think that the back is an underrated female asset. "There's nothing sexier than a dress that's completely covered in the front and completely cut out in the back," says Bob Mackie. Still, there's bound to be grumbling from some men who find the change of focus, well, backward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!