Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Laverne Cox Congratulates Bruce Jenner: 'It Is Always Brave to Stand in One's Truth'
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
- It's a Girl for Owain Yeoman
- Eva Longoria Designs Her First Home Collection – See the Looks
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 19
Backs to the Future
Bouncy, Billowy or Bare, a New View Dominates the Fashion Forefront
Why indeed. It was Christian Lacroix, the playful couturier of the House of Patou, who earlier this year caught the fancy of the high-fashion world with billowy bustles and jaunty rear-end accoutrements. Suddenly it became important to look smashing coming and going.
Most designers think that the back is an underrated female asset. "There's nothing sexier than a dress that's completely covered in the front and completely cut out in the back," says Bob Mackie. Still, there's bound to be grumbling from some men who find the change of focus, well, backward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!