Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wichita Man Sentenced to 20 Years for Failed Plot to Blow Up Airport
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- What Prompted Taylor Swift's Adorable Flashback Photo of Farm Life?
- Pope Francis Tells Priests They May Pardon Women Who've Had an Abortion
- WATCH: Matt and Amy Roloff Talk Dating After Divorce on Little People, Big World
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 21
Getting the Jump on Adults at 13, Wes Pyburn Guns for Racing's Top
The son of a chemical engineer and a housewife, Wes enrolled at 11 in a special racing instruction program for kids. Then he practiced under his father's supervision for three months at a local track. In his first race in May 1985, Wes, 12, finished last. The following November he won his first heat—and acceptance from his colleagues, who formed a double row, applauding and cheering as he returned to the pit.
So far, Wes's only injury has been a bruised left leg, which he banged against a roll cage—this despite numerous spinouts, one head-on collision, a brush with a wall that removed the Pinto's entire right front end and a catapult up and over a Capri that had spun out in front of him. ("That was fun," says Wes.) "He's smooth," says grizzled vet Bruce Maynard, 41, who is second in Wes's division. "He stays out of trouble. He's a natural." Keeping the Pinto in racing trim has cost the Pyburns nearly $20,000, which is about $19,000 more than Wes has won—this is not a high-paying game—but the burden is about to ease. A conglomerate of businessmen has just been formed to sponsor him.
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!