Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Corden Act Out His Films in Six Minutes
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' (Video)
- Met Gala 2015 Hair Trend: Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lawrence Lead the Chic Topknot Club
- Cara Delevingne Accessorizes Her Met Gala Look with Tattoos: See Her Ink!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 15, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 24
Stiffing the Graveyard Shift, Jimmy Breslin Fires Abc
Unaccustomed to being canceled, ABC maintains that it had already decided to ax Breslin at the same time that Breslin penned his public resignation. ("What a coincidence!" says a sardonic Breslin.) ABC executives say they love the streetwise show, which was praised by TV critics. The problem, they claimed, was "clearance," meaning that, by the time ABC informed local stations of its late-night plans, the stations had already scheduled other programs in Breslin's planned midnight slot.
Bitter but unbowed, Breslin is back in his pre-TV element. "I can't believe the network guys couldn't stand up to their own stations," he says, smoking a cigar and resting his feet on a garbage can in his paper-strewn office. "After TV, the Daily News building looks like it's covered with ivy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!