Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
- Why Is Dolly Parton Sending Faxes (Yes, Faxes) to Kelly Clarkson?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 15, 1986
- Vol. 26
- No. 24
Stiffing the Graveyard Shift, Jimmy Breslin Fires Abc
Unaccustomed to being canceled, ABC maintains that it had already decided to ax Breslin at the same time that Breslin penned his public resignation. ("What a coincidence!" says a sardonic Breslin.) ABC executives say they love the streetwise show, which was praised by TV critics. The problem, they claimed, was "clearance," meaning that, by the time ABC informed local stations of its late-night plans, the stations had already scheduled other programs in Breslin's planned midnight slot.
Bitter but unbowed, Breslin is back in his pre-TV element. "I can't believe the network guys couldn't stand up to their own stations," he says, smoking a cigar and resting his feet on a garbage can in his paper-strewn office. "After TV, the Daily News building looks like it's covered with ivy."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!