Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kate Hudson Dons Matching Pink Fringe Bikini with Stylist in Las Vegas
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Chrissy Teigen Shares Bath Time With Baby Luna – See the Adorable Snap!
- Justin Bieber (Finally!) Cuts His Dreadlocks Off – See His Fresh Haircut
- Blind Afghanistan War Veteran Will Go for Gold at Paralympic Games in Rio
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 23, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 8
Snow Job or Nose Job, California's New Health Craze Is Snorting Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is found in meat and dairy products, and a minuscule amount (3 micrograms per day) is needed to prevent pernicious anemia. But since the 1940s it has had a reputation—medically unfounded—of providing energy.
Now believers in B12 megadosing are cramming their nostrils with Ener-B, the gel form sold at health food stores by Nature's Bounty Inc. of Bohemia, N.Y. Each dose contains 400 micrograms of B12. But why up the nose? "By snorting it, B12 goes directly into the bloodstream," claims Denise Buz Buzian, owner of Au Naturel, a San Francisco health food store. Adds customer Maggie Hallahan: "I get twice as much work done since taking Ener-B."
Doctors say putting B12 up your nose is about as helpful as rubbing it between your toes, though it's unlikely to do much harm either. "It's ridiculous, but humans never surprise me," says Dr. Suzie Harris at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. "Somebody's making money someplace."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!