Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Legend Introduces Baby Luna to His Grandmother in a Sweet Instagram Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kourtney Kardashian Wishes 'Baby Daddy' Scott Disick a Happy 33rd Birthday – See Her TBT Photo
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
- Sam Claflin Spills About Behind-the-Scenes Pranks With Me Before You Co-star Emilia Clarke: 'I Made Her Think I Was Deeply Offended'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 23, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 8
A British Lord Wants to Go to the Dogs...Literally!
His proposal has provoked grave reaction. "I'm horrified," said Bill Wad-man-Taylor, Battersea's manager. "I'm sure there's a lot of nourishment in a human carcass, but I wouldn't ask my staff to cut it up and feed it to the dogs." A spokesman for Pedigree Chum, one of Britain's top brands of dog food, said of Avebury, "He's obviously quite serious and trying to make a point, but I don't know what the point is. Human remains are not a natural food for dogs, and we doubt they would eat it." Lord Avebury—who as plain Eric Lubbock was once a leading figure in the Liberal Party—is even getting chewed out by those close to him. His wife isn't keen on the idea, and his solicitor is trying to dissuade him from his psychodogmatic effort.
All the criticism has left Avebury with his tail between his legs. He's now considering alternative uses for his body, such as feeding fishes or fertilizing trees. Yet his original wish remains unchanged. "I love dogs," he said. "I can think of nothing better than having my bones gnawed once I'm gone."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!