Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Step Out for a Date Night in N.Y.C.
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Country Singer Cam Marries in Intimate Desert Ceremony: All the Details
- Presenting… Every Single Thing the Kardashians Have Said About Their Nipples
- WATCH: The Bachelor's Chris Harrison on His Love Life: 'I Truly Couldn't Be Happier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 23, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 8
Her First Stone Casts Teen Model Mandy Smith into the Limelight
Actually, Mandy and manager Maurice Boland seem to have rejected only one big offer—$75,000 from the News of the World for more detail on the story they had just run. But they have done other stories, and Mandy's modeling career has blossomed. Her first single—I Just Can't Wait—will come out in Britain this month, and she plans a tour to promote it. These things take thought. Mandy canceled one club date because ads promised discounts for the elderly; she thought someone was making fun of Wyman, now 50.
Wyman met Mandy in the audience at a record awards show in 1984. "I wasn't like other 13-year-olds," she recalls. "I don't think my mind was totally advanced, but my body was." She quit school last spring to seek her fortune. "It was a matter of staying in, studying, when I was used to going out," she explains. Now, with her mind and body advancing apace, she and Boland know what they want. "It's Hollywood for us," Mandy says. "That's where we want to end up." Could happen.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!