Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Rapper Wale Announces the Birth of His Daughter Zyla Moon
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Iggy Azalea Shares Booty Baring Vegas Selfie
- Charles Manson Follower Leslie Van Houten Denied Parole by California Gov. Jerry Brown
- Leonard Nimoy's Son Explains How His New Spock Documentary Helped Him Grieve After His Father's Death
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 25, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 21
Tell the Tooth! Dr. Joe Daugherty's Rock Repast May Look Filling, but It's a Real Jawbreaker
Despite such risks, Daugherty, 65, has been converting rocks into fake food for 18 years, ever since a patient showed him a hunk of flint that looked just like a baked potato. Daugherty wrapped the rock in tin foil as a joke, liked the effect and decided to try other stones. Since then he has cut and polished quartzite into french fries, agate into sliced ham, garnets into Coca-Cola and amethyst into a glass of wine. His "stone cold meal" now includes dozens of geological morsels and weighs about 300 pounds.
Some people think the dentist is off his rocker, especially since he also hangs teeth on his Christmas tree and collects human gall stones. But both Daugherty and his wife, Elizabeth, are glad he unearthed his unsavory specialty. "I feel sorry for people," he says, "who don't have a hobby."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!