Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 25, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 21
Tell the Tooth! Dr. Joe Daugherty's Rock Repast May Look Filling, but It's a Real Jawbreaker
Despite such risks, Daugherty, 65, has been converting rocks into fake food for 18 years, ever since a patient showed him a hunk of flint that looked just like a baked potato. Daugherty wrapped the rock in tin foil as a joke, liked the effect and decided to try other stones. Since then he has cut and polished quartzite into french fries, agate into sliced ham, garnets into Coca-Cola and amethyst into a glass of wine. His "stone cold meal" now includes dozens of geological morsels and weighs about 300 pounds.
Some people think the dentist is off his rocker, especially since he also hangs teeth on his Christmas tree and collects human gall stones. But both Daugherty and his wife, Elizabeth, are glad he unearthed his unsavory specialty. "I feel sorry for people," he says, "who don't have a hobby."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!