Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Split After 11 Years Together
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Lil Wayne's Memoir of Prison Life Says Alleged Betrayal by Drake Was the 'Worst Thing I Could Have Found Out'
- Three Arrested, Including 17-Year-Old Girl, in Triple Homicide of California Parents and Friend
- FROM EW: Garth Brooks Earns Historic RIAA Achievement: How the Country Star Beat the Beatles
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 25, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 21
Tell the Tooth! Dr. Joe Daugherty's Rock Repast May Look Filling, but It's a Real Jawbreaker
Despite such risks, Daugherty, 65, has been converting rocks into fake food for 18 years, ever since a patient showed him a hunk of flint that looked just like a baked potato. Daugherty wrapped the rock in tin foil as a joke, liked the effect and decided to try other stones. Since then he has cut and polished quartzite into french fries, agate into sliced ham, garnets into Coca-Cola and amethyst into a glass of wine. His "stone cold meal" now includes dozens of geological morsels and weighs about 300 pounds.
Some people think the dentist is off his rocker, especially since he also hangs teeth on his Christmas tree and collects human gall stones. But both Daugherty and his wife, Elizabeth, are glad he unearthed his unsavory specialty. "I feel sorry for people," he says, "who don't have a hobby."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!