Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Timberlake Almost Stole Taylor Swift's iHeartRadio Award
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- Jamie Foxx's Joke About Bruce Jenner Falls Flat at iHeartRadio Awards
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 01, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 22
Singer Nick Kamen, Who Launched His Career with His Pants Down
Record execs, who had previously ignored the would-be singer's demo tapes, recognized the potential in, his commercial. So did Madonna, who co-produced Kamen's first single, Each Time You Break My Heart. Although British tabloids dubbed Kamen Madonna's "Toy Boy" and hinted that the pair were singing sweet duets, the relationship is apparently no more than publicity-deep: Madonna and Kamen share a record label, Sire, and her name will help his fledgling career. That's probably just as well, given that her husband, Sean Penn, once threw a lectern at a man he thought had kissed Madonna.
As he launches his assault on America, Kamen, 25, has the perfect contemporary rock rookie résumé: head-turning good looks, an easy manner, an association with Madonna, an MTV video and an unpretentious dance-pop LP, Nick Kamen. There's only one thing missing: He's never done a concert. It is, he says, "something I want to do."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!