Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Peyton Manning's Plans After Super Bowl Win: 'I Want to Go Kiss My Wife and My Kids' ... and 'Drink a Lot of Budweiser'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Marshawn Lynch Appears to Retire Mid-Super Bowl
- Celebrities Cheer on Lady Gaga's Performance – Including Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm So Glad I Loaned You My Jumpsuit'
- Saoirse Ronan Bonded with Jamie Foster Over the Pressures of Navigating Hollywood as a Former Child Star
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 01, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 22
Little Horse, Big Deal—protestors Cry 'there Goes the Neighborhood'
The city council and many Thousand Oaks residents beg to differ. In their view, a horse is a horse no matter how big or cute he is, and any horse or farm animal living in a suburban neighborhood is guaranteed to give property values a trashing. The city issued an eviction notice against Ragtime on New Year's Eve. When Patty appealed, a homeowner's group threatened to sue her. A Miniature Horse Ad Hoc Committee, formed to determine if Ragtime is legally a farm animal, disbanded after internal bickering. Tempers have flared, threats have allegedly been made, and Ragtime has been put under 24-hour surveillance, courtesy of a local security firm. "This has been blown all out of proportion," says City Councilman Lee Laxdal.
The turmoil probably isn't over. Thousand Oaks has given Patty until June 8 to remove Ragtime from the premises. She says she won't and that she plans to take the city to court. "I'm keeping him," she insists. "I have letters from veterinarians saying that miniature horses should be considered pets, like dogs. In fact, two German shepherds around here have tried to mate with Ragtime. Even dogs think he's a dog." Only Ragtime, it seems, is keeping his thoughts to himself.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!