Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, Kate & George Make Their Way to Buckingham Palace for Christmas Party
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Pennsylvania Shooting Suspect Never Saw Combat, Says Marine Who Served with Him
- Sony Cancels Release of The Interview
- American Horror Story's Naomi Grossman: 'Viewers Will be Satiated' by Pepper's Backstory
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 06:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 01, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 22
Little Horse, Big Deal—protestors Cry 'there Goes the Neighborhood'
The city council and many Thousand Oaks residents beg to differ. In their view, a horse is a horse no matter how big or cute he is, and any horse or farm animal living in a suburban neighborhood is guaranteed to give property values a trashing. The city issued an eviction notice against Ragtime on New Year's Eve. When Patty appealed, a homeowner's group threatened to sue her. A Miniature Horse Ad Hoc Committee, formed to determine if Ragtime is legally a farm animal, disbanded after internal bickering. Tempers have flared, threats have allegedly been made, and Ragtime has been put under 24-hour surveillance, courtesy of a local security firm. "This has been blown all out of proportion," says City Councilman Lee Laxdal.
The turmoil probably isn't over. Thousand Oaks has given Patty until June 8 to remove Ragtime from the premises. She says she won't and that she plans to take the city to court. "I'm keeping him," she insists. "I have letters from veterinarians saying that miniature horses should be considered pets, like dogs. In fact, two German shepherds around here have tried to mate with Ragtime. Even dogs think he's a dog." Only Ragtime, it seems, is keeping his thoughts to himself.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!