Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gabrielle Union Gets Silly (and Sexy) in a Bikini During One-Year Wedding Anniversary Vacation with Dwyane Wade
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Tila Tequila Kicked Off Celebrity Big Brother For 2013 Comments Supporting Adolf Hitler, Says She Wants a 'Second Chance'
- Drop Everything and Watch Austin Mahone Dance Like Michael Jackson
- Di's Boys: How Prince William and Prince Harry Keep Their Mom's Memory Alive
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 29, 1987
- Vol. 27
- No. 26
His Last $500 Gambled on a Sexy Tape, Princely Georgio Allentini Signs on to Make Millions with Motown
Sure is. After his radio debut Georgio hastily cut a record of Sexappeal for Macola, a distribution label, and it sold 9,000 copies in just four days. Macola, in turn, sold the album rights to Motown Creative Division President Russ Regan. After one listen, Regan signed the unknown to a seven-year, multi-record contract that he and Georgio say is worth "something like" $6.9 million.
That is a very good yield on your last 500 bucks.
Georgio, who grew up in San Francisco as the son of a Navy petty officer and a Macy's saleswoman, is immodest about all of this. He has single-handedly produced for Motown an album of new compositions on which he sings and plays—thanks to the miracle of dubbing—keyboard, guitar, bass and drums. "It's going to sell one billion copies," he says of the recently released album. "If Motown promotes me the way CBS promoted Michael Jackson, I'll be great. I have everything he has—and more."
Already Georgio has let success un-cramp his recently simple style. He has moved from the bachelor digs he shared with two cousins to a new three-bedroom L.A. house complete with pool, Jacuzzi and huge stereo system. And instead of bumming around town in buses or friends' cars, he has treated himself to a snazzy Porsche Carrera Turbo. Still, he says, "I don't want to spend all my time driving around enjoying the weather instead of taking care of business." Maybe he should try it, while there's still time.
August 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!