Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- California 9-Year-Old Makes Toiletry Kits for the Homeless
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- 5 Things to Know About the Sandusky Case in Light of New Allegation About Joe Paterno
- He's 'a Breath of Fresh Air, Even When the Day Stinks': Students Rally Around Terminally Ill Janitor at Alabama Elementary School
- WATCH: The Body Coach Joe Wicks Shares How You Can Get Lean in 15 Minutes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 06, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 1
Fergie, Britain's Clown Princes and An All-Star Celeb Cast Turn Joustabouts for Charity
It was theatrical Prince Edward who organized The Grand Knockout Tournament, a sort of feudal trash-sport competition for TV. The event, held at an amusement park in Staffordshire, raised some $1.6 million. The royal quartet (Princess Di and Prince Charles were in Windsor) joined 48 other cavorting celebs, including John Travolta, Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder and Jane Seymour. Rock singer Meat Loaf got so carried away in the knock-a-knight contest that he split his pants in front of Fergie. "She wasn't a bit embarrassed and thought it was a real hoot," he reported.
Shown on the BBC June 19, Knock-out will air stateside Aug. 12 on cable's USA network. Only Queen Elizabeth—who did not attend—failed to get into the spirit of things. Apparently thinking it beneath royal dignity to slide along a greasy pole above a tub of ice water, rescue damsels in distress or play chase the leeks, the Queen decreed the young bluebloods could serve only as team captains, not participants. Forsooth, Liz, lighten up, willya?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!