Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch 4-Year-Old Heaven King Do the Nae Nae with Her Own Tiny Dance Crew (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Bruce Jenner Is on a 'Mission' to Help People Who Face Discrimination: Source
- Sophia Bush Speaks of Heartbreak as Ex-Boyfriend Is First American Confirmed Dead in Nepal Earthquake
- Zac Efron Has a Karaoke Night with Sami Miró – Complete with Sugar Ray and Smashmouth Singalongs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 06, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 1
No Ordinary Fender Bender, Diana Gives Prince Charles a Pain in the Aston Martin
That ornament life in a fleeting way!
He who possesses, let him learn to lose.
—Schiller, 18th-century German playwright and poet
Off, off! What are you doing to my wonderful car?—Prince Charles to Diana
Obviously the Prince had better brush up on his Schiller. Spotting his wife perched on the hood of his beloved 1970 Aston Martin convertible before a polo outing in Windsor recently, Charles would have flipped his crown if he'd had one. The car, a 21st-birthday present from his mother, the Queen, is worth $80,000. But to Charles it is priceless, since despite a swarm of attentive photographers, he snapped at Di, "You can't sit there! Get off! You'll dent the bodywork."
No sooner had Di dismounted than Charles began inspecting for dents. The Princess, not wholly repentant, stood by, unamused. Fortunately for her, the auto was unscathed. After Charles departed happily to play polo, Di plopped herself back on the car, albeit somewhat gingerly, crossed her endless gams and smiled innocently.
In keeping with the course of such things, two days after chewing out Di the Prince damaged the car himself in a minor accident in Windsor. That mishap resulted in a dent, scuff marks down the side of the Aston Martin and a repair bill of at least $1,600 to restore the car to its pristine condition. Which should prove to Charles, all's well that ends welded.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!