Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance At Rally Outside Donald Trump's Vegas Hotel
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Alek Skarlatos Gives Update on Spencer Stone's Recovery: 'It Might Take Him A Minute'
- Aaron Rodgers on Relationship With Olivia Munn: 'She's a Huge Encourager and Supporter'
- Johnny Depp on the Oscars: 'I Don't Want to Win One of Those Things Ever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 21, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 12
Sam Cascio, Nonagenarian Bellhop, Refuses to Bag It
Born in Italy and raised in Louisiana, Cascio worked as a laborer for pennies a day before going to work at the hotel—the 3,000-room Stevens, then the largest in the world—two days before it opened in May 1927. Six decades of toting bags for the rich and powerful—six presidents and countless entertainers have passed through—have left Cascio unawed by celebrity. "I'm pretty well-known by a lot of people myself," he says.
Younger bellmen, like Louis Alvaro, 72, have trouble keeping up with Sam, who seems to be always in motion, lugging bags, fixing broken luggage, tending to the needs of guests. A widowed father of three, grandfather of 13 and great-grandfather of 18, Cascio says that the secrets of his longevity are beer and whiskey. He drinks four shots of the latter daily, two at breakfast, two at night. He also hoists 48 beers every day—one 24-can case in each hand, to strengthen his arms. "I'm trying to catch up with Sammy," says Alvaro, "but I'll never do it because he'll never quit."
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!