Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Ex Chris Martin Celebrate Memorial Day Together at Star-Studded Bash in Malibu
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Demi Moore and Daughter Rumer Willis Look Like Twins in New Photo
- Kacy Catanzaro's American Ninja Warrior Premiere Blog: Starting the Season with a Showstopper
- Pope Francis Hasn't Watched Television Since 1990, Longs for Good Pizza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 19, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 16
Hounded by Woes, Miamians Beg for More of Ryan the Advice Dog
How does a dog get his own column? Nepotism. Ryan lives in Key Biscayne with John Keasler, 66, a Miami News columnist. "I was damn sick and tired of writing five times a week," says Keasler, who turned his Friday slot over to his hound. Keasler and his wife, Margery, a free-lance book editor, insist they give Ryan no help, except with his spelling. "He's a lousy speller," says Keasler. "Like many fine writers, detail work is not his forte."
Attracting a following is. Response to Ryan has been so favorable that some readers want his column to run every day. "But running him once a week is all I can handle," says Miami News editor Howard Kleinberg. "I'm getting calls from possums and pigs who want columns. We can't go on this way." Ryan has also inspired envy among his own animal family. "He's talked to dogs who think they'd be great writers," Keasler says deadpan, "if only they could get it on paper."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!