Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
- Val Kilmer Rushed to the Hospital for Throat Tumor: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 12:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 19, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 16
Hounded by Woes, Miamians Beg for More of Ryan the Advice Dog
How does a dog get his own column? Nepotism. Ryan lives in Key Biscayne with John Keasler, 66, a Miami News columnist. "I was damn sick and tired of writing five times a week," says Keasler, who turned his Friday slot over to his hound. Keasler and his wife, Margery, a free-lance book editor, insist they give Ryan no help, except with his spelling. "He's a lousy speller," says Keasler. "Like many fine writers, detail work is not his forte."
Attracting a following is. Response to Ryan has been so favorable that some readers want his column to run every day. "But running him once a week is all I can handle," says Miami News editor Howard Kleinberg. "I'm getting calls from possums and pigs who want columns. We can't go on this way." Ryan has also inspired envy among his own animal family. "He's talked to dogs who think they'd be great writers," Keasler says deadpan, "if only they could get it on paper."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!