Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Friends and Family Rally Together to Throw Teen Battling Cancer Her Very Own Prom
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 30, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 22
Comics Spell Relief for the Homeless with Laughter
Billy Crystal and Robin Williams, dressed in basic bum, opened the show with a yuppie-bashing rendition of "Swing Up, Sweet Dow Jones," sung to the tune of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot." That set the tone for an evening of often topical humor. ("Wouldn't it be great," asked Elayne Booster, "if we found you could only get AIDS from giving money to TV preachers?") The take topped $3 million, compared with last year's $2.6 million—the money to be distributed to homeless shelters in 23 cities. Louie Anderson, one of 11 kids raised in a Minneapolis housing project, confessed a personal interest in the homeless issue: His brother, Bill, is missing and may be out there somewhere on the streets. Anderson also summed up the evening's special appeal for his comrades in comedy. "Any comic could be homeless," he said. "But for a stroke of good luck, we could be talking to someone on a street corner instead of people."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!