Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Peyton Manning Goes One-on-One with Magic Johnson – Plus Will the Super Bowl Champ Be Playing for the L.A. Rams?
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Jessica Alba and More Attend Saint Laurent at the Palladium Event in L.A.
- FROM EW: Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Wants 9 Daughters
- Bachelor Wedding: Inside the Alum-Studded Nuptials of Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 30, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 22
Alan Klimpke's Career as a Singer Is Running Hot and Cold
As emcee Bert Parks led the applause, Klimpke walked off (barefoot) with the $2,000 grand prize.
The judges' decision drew heated remarks from the runner-up, Mary Beswick, 27. The Seattle singer was wandering around backstage afterward, imploring, "Get me a job, that's all I ask!" to any straggler who would listen. "I don't want to sound sour," she confided, "but I'm very disappointed. I was hoping to be discovered."
So was the winner—and still is. "My dream is to get a TV role," Klimpke says from his Denver home, where he croons to fiancée Vanda Weuve, 27. "Maybe this will help me. If not, I'll just keep singing in the shower. The $2,000 will pay for a lot of water bills."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!