Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Step Out for a Date Night in N.Y.C.
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Country Singer Cam Marries in Intimate Desert Ceremony: All the Details
- Presenting… Every Single Thing the Kardashians Have Said About Their Nipples
- WATCH: The Bachelor's Chris Harrison on His Love Life: 'I Truly Couldn't Be Happier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 30, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 22
Alan Klimpke's Career as a Singer Is Running Hot and Cold
As emcee Bert Parks led the applause, Klimpke walked off (barefoot) with the $2,000 grand prize.
The judges' decision drew heated remarks from the runner-up, Mary Beswick, 27. The Seattle singer was wandering around backstage afterward, imploring, "Get me a job, that's all I ask!" to any straggler who would listen. "I don't want to sound sour," she confided, "but I'm very disappointed. I was hoping to be discovered."
So was the winner—and still is. "My dream is to get a TV role," Klimpke says from his Denver home, where he croons to fiancée Vanda Weuve, 27. "Maybe this will help me. If not, I'll just keep singing in the shower. The $2,000 will pay for a lot of water bills."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!