Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See the Best Celeb Food Photos of the Week from Katie Holmes, Reese Witherspoon & More
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Tina Knowles Lawson Shares Her Gorgeous Wedding Album
- Interview: Mavis Staples Is Still Going Strong at 75
- Marla Sokoloff's Blog: Sharing My Daughter Olive's (Early!) Birth Story
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 30, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 22
Alan Klimpke's Career as a Singer Is Running Hot and Cold
As emcee Bert Parks led the applause, Klimpke walked off (barefoot) with the $2,000 grand prize.
The judges' decision drew heated remarks from the runner-up, Mary Beswick, 27. The Seattle singer was wandering around backstage afterward, imploring, "Get me a job, that's all I ask!" to any straggler who would listen. "I don't want to sound sour," she confided, "but I'm very disappointed. I was hoping to be discovered."
So was the winner—and still is. "My dream is to get a TV role," Klimpke says from his Denver home, where he croons to fiancée Vanda Weuve, 27. "Maybe this will help me. If not, I'll just keep singing in the shower. The $2,000 will pay for a lot of water bills."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!