Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Barack Obama Brought his Anger Translator Luther to the White House Correspondents' Dinner (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Remains of Woman Missing Since Disappearing from Halloween Party Identified: Police
- PHOTO: Kim Kardashian Spotted Visiting Bruce Jenner Following His Gender Transition Reveal
- Princess Kate's Hospital Closes Off Surgical Ward to New Patients After Superbug Breakout
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 14, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 24
Maybe John Ritter Is Bitter About His Canine Co-Star, but Hooperman Won't Be Dropping Britches
More like an ambitious starlet. As Bijoux, Detective Hooperman's male mutt, Britches is not only stealing scenes but trotting off with the show. Sniffing out a drug stash, putting the paw on a killer and—a prime-time first for a dog—suffering flatulence, Britches has inspired more yapping among audiences than anyone else on the show.
Ritter, long the star of Three's Company, has apparently decided that two's a crowd. At a recent press conference he made a couple of cracks about Britches. "I hate that dog," Ritter said. When someone suggested the dog would be a star, Ritter added, "Next year the show will probably be called Hooperdog." Now he refuses to comment at all on Britches.
Owner James pooh-poohs the bad-mouthing. Yes, she admits that Britches is independent and stubborn—as befits an ingenue who has appeared in a movie, Harry and the Hendersons, and made a Kibbles 'n' Bits commercial with James's other actor dog, Sebastian. Yet James insists Britches and Ritter basically get along. "Their scenes wouldn't work if John didn't like her," says James. "A dog picks up on your real feelings." Nevertheless Britches isn't exactly wagging her tail over Hooperman. When the show airs each Wednesday night, the dog can be found in her San Fernando Valley home, chowing down her usual snacks of chopped hot dogs or liver and garlic (maybe it's her breath that caused the stink with Ritter). Then she goes over to the TV and dozes off. "Only the sound of her own barking on the show will get her attention," says Marilyn Corcoran, who gives her commands on the Hooperman set. "She'll glance up, then look away and go back to sleep."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!