Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Shark Week's Paul De Gelder Shares His Inspiring Message to North Carolina Shark-Bite Victims
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- BLOOP!: NeNe Leakes May Be Leaving RHOA, But We'll Always Have Her Gifs
- Are Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Getting Ready for a Baby?
- The Real Reason Halle Berry Had a Major Diva Meltdown on Set
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 14, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 24
Gaining Exposure with Funny Shorts, Bryan Stoller Now Pants for a Feature Film
How does Stoller manage to squeeze such spacious egos into his little movies? "You listen and let them try what they want," he says. "Then you convince them to try it your way."
Stoller has been doing it his way since the age of 12, when his parents, real-estate agents in Ottawa, paid him to shoot houses they were trying to sell. By 13 he was making films for a Canadian TV kids' series, and by 16 he had written, directed and produced two network commercials. After high school, he headed for the American Film Institute in L.A., and now at last he can afford to think big. "The association with Paramount is worth more than money," he says. "They've already had me reading feature-film scripts." Appreciative colleagues insist there's no danger that Stoller's ego will inflate with his clout. "In two years, when he's big," Blair says confidently, "he'll still return your phone calls."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!