Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can't Do a Chin-Up? No Problem – This Easy Move Gives You the Same Results
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Two Sons Fight to Keep Father Who Murdered Their Mom Behind Bars
- Christina Aguilera's Son Is 'Like a Grandmother' to His Baby Sister
- What Does Katy Perry Really Think About Her Feud with Taylor Swift?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 21, 1987
- Vol. 28
- No. 25
A Kid Lands Every Child's Dream Job: Fighting Mice in The Nutcracker
A freckle-faced brunet, Parvin rehearsed twice weekly, two hours a session, for six weeks. A ballet student for a year and a half, she says that auditioning for her professional debut "got me a little nervous, but I knew I could do it. Now it's the slow stuff I really like, not the running around." Parvin also studies gymnastics and would like someday to compete in the Olympics. "If I can't do that," she says, "I'll be a lawyer." For the time being, says her mom, Mary, 40, a real estate broker, Margaret's life "is on a normal track. She likes chocolate eclairs, The Cosby Show and stuffed bears. She even has an older brother who says he'll go see The Nutcracker only under duress."
On opening night, with her mom and dad, Fred, 46, an antique carpet dealer, watching, Parvin performed perfectly. "Not a slip," says Mary. "Hearing the applause, she was transfixed. She loved it." Someday, Margaret says, she'd like to play the Sugarplum Fairy, The Nutcracker's plum role. "That's my dream," she says, grinning. "But being a toy soldier is for real."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!