Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Final Five Reunite for Glam Appearance at U.S. Olympic Committee Awards Show
- Lady Gaga Confirms She's Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl's Halftime Show: 'It's Not an Illusion'!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 11, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 1
On Martha's Vineyard, Carly Simon Comes Around Again and Quietly Weds Another Writer Named James
Carly was introduced to Hart, a onetime New York insurance executive, in Hudson, N.Y., by songwriting partner Jacob Brackman just before Simon and Hart boarded a train for Manhattan. They have been staying at her Martha's Vineyard house since midsummer, and it hardly seemed a coincidence that Simon's upbeat Coming Around Again was a hit as they decided to wed. The ceremony was strictly low-key—"as far away from a star's wedding as you can get," said Carly's photographer brother, Peter—and none of her former beaux were in attendance. Among the missing: drummer Russ Kunkel, actors Al Corley and Albert Finney and James Taylor, Simon's ex since 1981. Carly's two children by Taylor, Sally, 13, and Ben, 10, were there, as were the bride's mom, Andrea, sister-in-law Ronni and friends. Afterward there was dinner at Carly's place, then dancing at a local club. Carly and sisters Joanna, 48, and Lucy, 45, serenaded the groom with a "Lord Bless Us" benediction, and later Peter, 40, spun records. "The evening," said the bride, "was enchanted."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!