Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gladys Tordil, 44, Allegedly Gunned Down by Estranged Husband in Maryland High School Shooting Leaving Another Injured: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Adele Helps Same-Sex Couple Get Engaged During Copenhagen Concert, Volunteers to be Their Surrogate
- Former NFL Star Will Smith's Widow Racquel Accepts Masters Degree on Late Husband's Behalf
- Kristen Bell Discusses Dealing with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Shatter a Little Bit When I Think People Don't Like Me'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 11, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 1
On Martha's Vineyard, Carly Simon Comes Around Again and Quietly Weds Another Writer Named James
Carly was introduced to Hart, a onetime New York insurance executive, in Hudson, N.Y., by songwriting partner Jacob Brackman just before Simon and Hart boarded a train for Manhattan. They have been staying at her Martha's Vineyard house since midsummer, and it hardly seemed a coincidence that Simon's upbeat Coming Around Again was a hit as they decided to wed. The ceremony was strictly low-key—"as far away from a star's wedding as you can get," said Carly's photographer brother, Peter—and none of her former beaux were in attendance. Among the missing: drummer Russ Kunkel, actors Al Corley and Albert Finney and James Taylor, Simon's ex since 1981. Carly's two children by Taylor, Sally, 13, and Ben, 10, were there, as were the bride's mom, Andrea, sister-in-law Ronni and friends. Afterward there was dinner at Carly's place, then dancing at a local club. Carly and sisters Joanna, 48, and Lucy, 45, serenaded the groom with a "Lord Bless Us" benediction, and later Peter, 40, spun records. "The evening," said the bride, "was enchanted."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!