Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert Redford & Barbra Streisand Reunite; We Get Nostalgic with The Way We Were Photos
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Kim Richards: I Was 'Ashamed' to Admit I Was Drinking Again at RHOBH Reunion
- Doris Fuller on Losing Her Daughter to Mental Illness: 'Her Voices Told Her to Hurt Herself'
- Rosie O'Donnell's Rep Calls Ex's Custody Claim 'Absurd and Desperate'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 07, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 9
All Rise and Hoist a Tall One to 5'2" Dudley Moore and His 5'8" Bride
In so doing, he created the mystery woman of the week. Moore's publicists say that Brogan Lane is an actress-model, 28 years of age. Actually her name is Denise Brogan, and according to the birth date on her marriage license, she's 32. As for her acting credentials, she's said to have had a small role in Moore's 1982 film flop, Six Weeks, a fact no one at Universal Studios can confirm. She is, however, a model, if not a spectacularly successful one. Lane worked with the Wilhelmina Agency five years ago, and a source there says she's "been with just about every agency in town."
But what the hey, she's found a niche with the diminutive Moore, 52, whom she refers to as "sex thimble." Dudley first met Brogan in 1981, while he, at least, was making Six Weeks. They were reintroduced three years ago and have been living since in his Marina Del Rey home with John, her son from her previous marriage. Obviously Moore has invested a lot of time in this relationship—not to mention what he's invested in the ring. During the double-ring service, the Rev. Jim Hamilton nervously handed Moore the plain gold band intended for the groom's finger, rather than the dazzler—two heart-shaped diamonds separated by an emerald-cut blue sapphire—intended for the bride's. "I spent a lot of money for that ring," Dudley chided the reverend with a laugh. "I want the right one."
April 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!