Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Star Wars Director J.J. Abrams Addresses Black Stormtrooper Casting Controversy: People Complaining 'Probably Have Bigger Problems'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- You've Never Used a Cleanser Like This Before
- 'Welcome Home – We've Missed You,' Spain's King Felipe Tells Banished Jews
- Sarah Paulson Is a Bombshell in Black at Gotham Film Awards
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 07, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 9
Violin Prodigy Leila Josefowicz Has the World on a String
Born in Toronto, the daughter of physicist Jack Josefowicz and his wife, Wendy, a former biologist, Leila took up the fiddle at age 3. "I didn't want to practice much," she admits. "I was only a baby, and you know how babies are." But she grew up fast. "One day when Leila was 5," remembers Jack, "I was running the vacuum, and she turned to me and said, 'That's an F sharp.' It was the first time we became aware that she had perfect pitch." Leila began studying with her current teacher, Robert Lipsett, in 1985, and a brilliant career was launched.
A fifth grader at Westlake Elementary School, Leila practices three to four hours a day and still finds time for goofing around. She romps regularly with her Labrador and enjoys almost any music but rock. ("That's just a lot of banging and crashing," she says.) Being a prodigy, she finds, isn't all that hard. "I just eat a cheeseburger before I perform," she says, "and Daddy sends out brain waves like, 'You will be good.' I think the same way as my dad."
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!