Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Rocking the Vote: Every Time the KarJenners Have Chimed in on Political Issues
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- No Second Honeymoon for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: 'They Are 100% Still Separated,' Says Source
- Who Is Kristen Stewart's Girlfriend Alicia Cargile? 5 Things to Know
- The Way Prince George Orders Cake Will Make Your Day
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 07, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 9
Mark Schilder Paints An Oral History of Hollywood
To start with, Schilder rounded up a bunch of home addresses with the help of show business friends. Then he mailed out his requests, thoughtfully enclosing replacement brushes. Some celebs bristled, among them Robert Redford, Steven Spielberg, Alan Alda ("There are some things I just have to keep to myself") and Nancy Reagan, whose secretary declined "in light of the many similar requests she receives each week." But more than 60 notables, including Michael J. Fox, Farrah Fawcett and Bob Hope, responded favorably. Now Schilder is putting the finishing touches on a toothsome, 400-square-foot mural covering one wall of his Hollywood studio.
Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp; Schilder still awaits brushes from Marlene Dietrich and Prince. "Then we're done," says the artist. He claims he's already rejected a $150,000 offer for the work—because he wants more. Hey, this is mass market stuff. "Toothbrushes are an obvious thing that everyone shares," he says. "I mean, we all brush our teeth."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!