Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Jessica Parker's New Fragrance Was Inspired by Men's Body Odor (Yes, Seriously)
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: DWTS Alum Noah Galloway Reveals How Fame Affected His Relationship with Ex-Fiancé Jamie Boyd
- WATCH AND SHOP: Yes, This Tool Looks Crazy, But It Will Totally Transform Your Skin
- Tracee Ellis Ross Reveals How Her Mom Diana Ross Reacted to Her Emmy Nomination
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 04, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 13
Aaron Spelling's Latest Production Is No Hotel, Just the Biggest One-Family House in California
The Manor, as the Spelling dwelling is called, will include four bars, three kitchens, a theater, gym, Olympic-size swimming pool, a doll museum, separate servants' wing, a 6,000-square-foot guest house, eight double-car garages, tennis courts, a gazebo, a greenhouse, 12 fountains and six formal gardens. Ostentatious? Perhaps, but there are modest touches throughout. There's only one bowling alley, for instance, only one wine room and only one elevator. And only four bedrooms, although they tend to be kind of roomy. The master bedroom, for example, is about the size of a basketball court.
Constructed on a five-acre plot, site of Bing Crosby's old home (which was torn down), the Manor is not without critics who have questioned its tastefulness. But what does Aaron care? As long as he can afford the anticipated operating budget of $75,000 a month, he's a happy man. So live well, Mr. Spelling, and enjoy.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!