Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See Inside Sutton Foster's Decked-Out Dressing Room (Hint: She LOVES HomeGoods)
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Jennifer Lopez to Serve as Judge and Mentor on New Series World of Dance
- 8 Amazing Penthouses You Can Spend a Night In
- Convicted Killer Heather Mack on the Night of Her Mother's Murder: 'I Think It Was Half-Premeditated'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 04, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 13
Aaron Spelling's Latest Production Is No Hotel, Just the Biggest One-Family House in California
The Manor, as the Spelling dwelling is called, will include four bars, three kitchens, a theater, gym, Olympic-size swimming pool, a doll museum, separate servants' wing, a 6,000-square-foot guest house, eight double-car garages, tennis courts, a gazebo, a greenhouse, 12 fountains and six formal gardens. Ostentatious? Perhaps, but there are modest touches throughout. There's only one bowling alley, for instance, only one wine room and only one elevator. And only four bedrooms, although they tend to be kind of roomy. The master bedroom, for example, is about the size of a basketball court.
Constructed on a five-acre plot, site of Bing Crosby's old home (which was torn down), the Manor is not without critics who have questioned its tastefulness. But what does Aaron care? As long as he can afford the anticipated operating budget of $75,000 a month, he's a happy man. So live well, Mr. Spelling, and enjoy.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!