Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Did Faye Grant React to Stephen Collins's Interview on 20/20?
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Stacy Keibler: How I've Completely Bounced Back After Baby in 4 Months
- Surprise! Madonna Releases New Music from Upcoming Album Rebel Heart
- Meet Santa's Squad of Celebrity Reindeer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 23, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 20
Give Mark Bourbonnaise a Glider and a Little Cash, and He's Ready to Sample Toronto's High Life
So, shortly before 7 a.m. one recent day, Bourbonnaise leaped off the tower's observation deck, followed immediately by Robertson. Flying their 60-pound gliders over the downtown area and across the shore of Lake Ontario, they made perfect landings at the Toronto Island Airport five minutes later—setting a new record for the highest hang glider flight from a man-made structure. Robertson, a former world gliding champ, found the sojourn very peaceful, "then I looked down and saw all the rush-hour cars backed up." Bourbonnaise thought the trip was definitely worth his while. "When I saw the city below, it was like a dream," he says. "I'd do it again—if I were hired again."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!