Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ariana Grande Says Her Style Is a Cross Between the 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Lola Bunny'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Oops! Bachelor in Paradise's Jade Tolbert Calls Out Husband Tanner for Not Remembering Their First Kiss
- From SI: Christie Brinkley, Kate Upton and More on What It's Like to Be Part of Sports Illustrated's Iconic Swimsuit Issue
- FROM EW: Which True Blood Hunk Is Joining the Cast of This Is Us?
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 23, 1988
- Vol. 29
- No. 20
Give Mark Bourbonnaise a Glider and a Little Cash, and He's Ready to Sample Toronto's High Life
So, shortly before 7 a.m. one recent day, Bourbonnaise leaped off the tower's observation deck, followed immediately by Robertson. Flying their 60-pound gliders over the downtown area and across the shore of Lake Ontario, they made perfect landings at the Toronto Island Airport five minutes later—setting a new record for the highest hang glider flight from a man-made structure. Robertson, a former world gliding champ, found the sojourn very peaceful, "then I looked down and saw all the rush-hour cars backed up." Bourbonnaise thought the trip was definitely worth his while. "When I saw the city below, it was like a dream," he says. "I'd do it again—if I were hired again."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!