Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Peyton Manning's Plans After Super Bowl Win: 'I Want to Go Kiss My Wife and My Kids' ... and 'Drink a Lot of Budweiser'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Marshawn Lynch Appears to Retire Mid-Super Bowl
- Celebrities Cheer on Lady Gaga's Performance – Including Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm So Glad I Loaned You My Jumpsuit'
- Saoirse Ronan Bonded with Jamie Foster Over the Pressures of Navigating Hollywood as a Former Child Star
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 04, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 1
Danny Kramer, 3, Becomes the New Chairman of the (skate) Board
Actually, he's 3 going on formidable. According to Vision Sports of Costa Mesa, Calif., the 40-inch, 40-pound Danny is the youngest skateboard phenom in America to be sponsored by an equipment manufacturer—and perhaps the youngest sponsored athlete in any sport. His next-oldest colleague on the company's demo team is 14. "His teammates are in awe like everybody else," says Vision Sports's marketing director Brad Fanshaw, whose camera crew discovered Danny while he was waiting—in full "thrasher" regalia—to see a skateboarding exhibition last March. "Can he skate?" asked the cameraman. Could Shirley Temple hoof? Could Margaret O'Brien cry on cue? "That night," says Fanshaw, "the cameraman came in raving and showed his tape of Danny. He was remarkable."
Living in Lawndale, Calif., with his mom, dad David, 38 (a financial analyst for Hughes Aircraft), and brother Tommy, 6, Danny got bitten by the bug while tagging after his cousin Jeffrey, 14, an avid skateboarder. As a joke, Jeff gave Danny a tot-size skateboard last Christmas, and "he took to it like a duck to water," recalls Donna.
This summer, Vision Sports will keep Danny busy warming up crowds at skateboard exhibitions. In exchange the company will give him a new board and a stylish outfit. Well, make that most of an outfit. "We're custom-cutting him a pair of shorts," says Fanshaw. "Up to now, we haven't needed any his size."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!