Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas Talks Upcoming Solo Album and New Single, 'Trust You'
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- 'Wolverine' Killer Found Dead in the Woods After Slaughtering His Family
- Kaitlyn Bristowe's Bachelorette Blog: The Date Moment That Was 'My Worst Nightmare'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Ex Chris Martin Celebrate Memorial Day Together at Star-Studded Bash in Malibu
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 29, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 9
Fast-Rising Trio J.J. Fad Has a Revolutionary Idea: Clean, Uplifting Rap Songs
The girls are excited but not exactly bowled over by their excess success.
"Friends just dared me to rap, so I did, and now we do," says M.C.J.B.
"Me and J.J. Fad are just a case of being in the right place at the right time," Sassy C. explains.
J.J. Fad, like the duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, is part of a startling new breed of rappers: As clean-cut as can be, the three are into bowling, pin-ball and miniature golf, don't smoke or do drugs, and boast that their favorite drinks are virgin daiquiris. They're even humble. "We're all more careful with old friends now, like getting back to them right away when they call," M.C.J.B. says. "I don't want them to feel they're not important just because we have a hit song." M.C.J.B.'s mom does admit her little girl had moments of star behavior. "She started getting sassy, like she was running this house, but she settled down," Virginia Burns says. "I told her to stop chasing rainbows and get a 9-to-5 job, but I should have known she'd find a way to slide into that pot of gold. She even bought me a big 50-inch TV for Mother's Day." Or, as Baby-D. raps on Supersonic: "We are the home chicks who are rockin' your world."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!