Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find out All the Places Khloé Kardashian Has Lived Including the Time She Moved in With an 'Older Man' at Age 16
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Jerry Seinfeld Gets Emotional as He and Judd Apatow Remember Garry Shandling
- Malin Akerman 'Sets Boundaries on a Daily Basis' for Son Sebastian: '3 Is Really Challenging!'
- Stacey Dash Criticizes Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech and Calls Him 'the Perfect Example of a Hollywood Plantation Slave'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 17, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 16
In Your Face, Spuds Mackenzie! Rocky, the Beach-Blanket Bowwow, Hangs Twenty with Ease
A former stray, Rocky belongs to Robin Marien, 29, a San Diego construction worker, and his wife, Michelle, 28, a chemical engineer. Robin found Rocky when the pup was 3 months old and wandering forlornly around a Department of Motor Vehicles parking lot. "It was about 110 degrees out," says Robin. "Poor dog's tongue was hanging out. He was in bad shape, so I took him home."
Three years later, Marien remembers, "I was pulling my board along the shoreline. All of a sudden I looked back and saw that Rocky was standing on it. I figured, okay, what the hell, if that's what he wants. So I took him out, let him go, and he caught the wave the very first time."
The versatile Rocky not only rides atop his own double-finned boogie board, he also cruises with one of Robin's buddies astride the nose of a nine-foot surfboard. On shore, he retrieves his board with his teeth. He chews through three or four a year. Rocky, who as near as anyone can determine is part shelty, also water-skis and wind-surfs. "At times I think he might not really be a dog," says Marien, who helps Rocky by lining him up with the waves. "I think maybe he's really a seal."
Just in case, Rocky wears a specially fitted wet suit with buoys to bring him quickly to the surface after a dive. "Sometimes when he goes under and is tumbling around in the soup for more than 15 seconds, I get nervous," says Robin. "He's best on three-footers."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!