Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Kanye Step Out for Stylish Dinner Date After Yeezy Fashion Show
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- POTUS and FLOTUS' Valentine's Day Messages to Each Other – and Why They Never Fight
- Mother of Columbine Shooter Speaks Out Nearly 17 Years After Massacre: Not a Day Goes by That 'I Don't Think of the People That Dylan Harmed'
- Is This Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift Part II? Rapper Insists Her Joke Inspired 'Famous' Lyrics: 'I Did Not Diss' Her
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 14, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 20
John Gable, Who Never Knew His Dashing Dad, Shows Off the King's Grandson—the New Clark Gable!
Clark Gable's slick hair, sword-thin mustache and pleasantly smirky smile sent millions of women into orbit during his 35-year career. Sadly, "the King" did not live to see his only child. John Clark Gable, 27, was born to Clark's fifth wife, the late socialite Kay Spreckels, four months after the actor's death. They didn't call him Clark, Kay once said, because "Pa [Clark] thought that name was a handicap for a child." Clark James is the first son of John and his wife, Tracy, a 26-year-old hairdresser, who decided to carry on the nom de screen.
John, who lives in Malibu, was brought up in heavily protected seclusion after a kidnapping threat when he was about a year old. He shares his father's passion for adventuring—this week he's competing in the grueling Baja 1000 off-road race in Mexico—and has just landed his first movie part, a lead in Bitter Duel, a Western that films in January. Fatherhood fits comfortably into this schedule. "I feed Clark, rock him to sleep and sing to him," he says proudly. Not activities one readily thinks of doing with the original Clark, but John notes that even a given name is not a given. "Clark is a good name," says the new father, "but he can always call himself C.J."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!