Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch: Josh Hutcherson Faces Jimmy Fallon in Boozy Hockey Rematch
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- True Blood's Stephen Moyer Opens Up About His Addiction to Alcohol
- Did Ryan Gosling Get A Tattoo of His Daughter’s Name? (PHOTO)
- Kelly Clarkson: Inside Her Life as a Mom
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 05, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 23
Neil Young Picks Up An Award, and His Rockster Pals Join Him to Pitch in for a Sound Charity
While Young, 43, who lives in the northern California hills, sported the most casual costume at the $500-a-plate dinner, the spirit of his attire harmonized nicely with the soiree's low-key theme. Following a soul food dinner catered by Sylvia's of Harlem, such guests as Robert Plant, Phil Collins, Julian Lennon and Suzanne Vega crowded round in downtown's Puck Building for an auction of music memorabilia. A black leather Billy Idol outfit went for $1,300, Robert Palmer's turquoise and pink silk suit fetched $700, and Young, who recently reunited with Crosby, Stills and Nash on the new album American Dream, forked over $10,000 for John Lennon's gray, collar-less suit. The event raised some $400,000 for Nordoff-Robbins, which has just opened a New York branch.
Young, who has two children, Zeke, 16 (son of ex-lover Carrie Snodgress) and Ben, 9 (his child with second wife Pegi), both with cerebral palsy, accepted his award with a quick thank-you, but he later praised the therapeutic powers of rock and roll. "It's not only valuable for treating autistic children," he said. "It can also [help] normal kids who don't talk to anybody at all."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!