Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Inherited Her Mom's Buffy Strength, Freddie Prinze Jr. Reveals
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Miranda Lambert Kicks Up Her Heels, Jokes and Sings Songs About Heartbreak at Nashville Fundraiser
- Orange Is the New Black's Selenis Levya on Growing Up with a Transgender Sister: I Fight for Her 'on a Daily Basis'
- Olivia Culpo Bares All in Her First Naked Shoot
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 05, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 23
At L.A.'s Bite Size Restaurant, the Tiger Brothers Do Big Business with Very Little Good Food
Then there's the food. You should try it, all of it, and at the Bite Size, you can. In addition to standard fare, the restaurant, which is just 500 square feet, offers 32 items that have been miniaturized without any shrinkage in flavor. The dinky dogs are 3¼ inches long. There are teeny tacos, pygmy pizzas, bantam burgers, puny pitas and peewee potato chips. No morsel is longer than four inches or costs more than $2.59, and you can consume a mini four-course meal for $3.76.
"We stress that our food be the exact miniature of the regular product," says Bruce, 40, the burly brother who is the chef. Asks Mark, 33: "Can we start ya off with a bite-size falafel?"
"Sometimes I'll get a burger, a pizza and a hot dog all together," says Craig Sherwood, high school baseball coach and loyalist. "I can eat three things without getting all bloated."
First-timers seeking a little gustatory change are advised to arrive at the Bite Size early because, although the Tigers started small when they opened in April 1987, their following has grown very large. "We've always been heavy eaters," Bruce says of himself and Mark, who were in real estate before cutting down on their food. "And we always liked bite sizes because we could eat some of everything." There's one more nice thing about the petite portions. If your eyes get too big for your stomach, you can always take a little Alka-Seltzer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!