Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Dorinda Medley Claims Luann de Lesseps' Fiancé Asked Medley to Help Cover Up His Indiscretion: 'I'm Not Going to Lie for Them'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Drank Chemicals in Victim's Garage: Police
- Family of FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Expresses Condolences: 'There Are No Words'
- FSU Student Who Allegedly Tried to Eat Man's Face Says He's 'Psycho' in YouTube Videos: 'I've Lost My Mind'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 05, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 23
At L.A.'s Bite Size Restaurant, the Tiger Brothers Do Big Business with Very Little Good Food
Then there's the food. You should try it, all of it, and at the Bite Size, you can. In addition to standard fare, the restaurant, which is just 500 square feet, offers 32 items that have been miniaturized without any shrinkage in flavor. The dinky dogs are 3¼ inches long. There are teeny tacos, pygmy pizzas, bantam burgers, puny pitas and peewee potato chips. No morsel is longer than four inches or costs more than $2.59, and you can consume a mini four-course meal for $3.76.
"We stress that our food be the exact miniature of the regular product," says Bruce, 40, the burly brother who is the chef. Asks Mark, 33: "Can we start ya off with a bite-size falafel?"
"Sometimes I'll get a burger, a pizza and a hot dog all together," says Craig Sherwood, high school baseball coach and loyalist. "I can eat three things without getting all bloated."
First-timers seeking a little gustatory change are advised to arrive at the Bite Size early because, although the Tigers started small when they opened in April 1987, their following has grown very large. "We've always been heavy eaters," Bruce says of himself and Mark, who were in real estate before cutting down on their food. "And we always liked bite sizes because we could eat some of everything." There's one more nice thing about the petite portions. If your eyes get too big for your stomach, you can always take a little Alka-Seltzer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!