Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mama June Shannon Mad Over TLC's 'Double Standard' for Not Canceling 19 Kids and Counting
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Teen Mom Beats the Odds, Becomes Valedictorian (Video)
- Nikki Reed Shares Romantic Wedding Day Video Full of Kisses with Ian Somerhalder
- Texas Woman Rescues Seven People from Flood: 'Fear Wasn't Going to Serve Anyone in that Moment'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 19, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 24
Winning a Tony
Melanie Griffith Says Goodbye Don, Hello Don Juan
That's just as well, since the lovers weren't offering any words to describe their relationship—having, it seemed, better things to do with their lips. "They were really lovey-dovey," says a crew member who saw them backstage. "They kissed goodbye, kissed hello, kissed for good luck."
The smooching began last month in Miami Beach, where the two were filming the comedy Two Much, in which Banderas pretends to be identical twins in order to woo both Griffith and Darryl Hannah. "Melanie was joyous when she was around him," says a woman who worked on the set. "He sings and dances, plays the guitar, does everything and anything—he's fun. It's not hard to see why she fell for him." Johnson, 44, flew in from L.A. for a few cordial visits, but as soon as he left, the romance was back in gear. Eventually they were necking between takes.
The actress is now back in Aspen, where the dismantling of the Johnson-Griffith household proceeds in "a sober manner," says Mintz. (Details of the custody arrangement for their daughter, Dakota, 5, are undisclosed.) And Banderas is bidding adios to his nine-year marriage to actress Ana Leza. A Banderas representative doesn't care to say more. "I'm sure," she says, "you'll see Antonio and Melanie together at other events in the future."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!