Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nikki Reed Shares Romantic Wedding Day Video Full of Kisses with Ian Somerhalder
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Texas Woman Rescues Seven People from Flood: 'Fear Wasn't Going to Serve Anyone in that Moment'
- From SI: 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Apologizes for Houston Storm Post
- Bristol Palin on Cancelled Wedding: Son Tripp and I Will Rebuild Our Lives
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 25
What Has Five Robes, No Subpoena Power and the Right to Rumba? Jay Leno's Dancing Itos
Judge Ito himself has watched the routines with delight. Perhaps he dreams of such happy feet. After all, says Leno, who performed stand-up for the sequestered jury in April, "you see this man up there getting barraged by all these fast-talking lawyers. You don't see him laugh or smile." At the end of the day, says Leno, it's easy to imagine Ito shifting into "gotta dance" mode. "Plus," he adds, with a nod to one of David Letterman's gags, "the name 'Ito' is fun to say. It's like 'Buttafuoco.' "
Choreographer Mary Ann Kellogg encourages the dancers—Nito Larioza, 23, Tym Buacharern, 25, Danny Lee, 27, Hoang Ho, 21, and Michael Gregory, 29—to keep things spontaneous. "We watch the trial to pick up his mannerisms," says Gregory—who also performed in Madonna's latest video, "Human Nature," thrusting his head between her legs—"like the way he puts his index finger and thumb up to his chin." When not in session, "we don't hang out together," says Larioza, who lives in the Hollywood Hills with his girlfriend, dancer Shaula Vega (the Itos are all single). "But we see each other at auditions and dance classes, and that's cool. We share this bond."
And, unlike some courtroom observers, the Itos, who are paid $600 each for the spots, don't mind if the case stretches on forever. "Lance!" exclaims Gregory. "I love that man! He keeps me working!"
KURT PITZER in Los Angeles
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!