Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lawrence of Arabia Star Omar Sharif Is Suffering from Alzheimer's, Says Son
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- What Happened When Ray Liotta and Christopher Walken Sat Next to Each Other on a Flight?
- Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
- Police Recover Body in Hudson River Near Where Kayaker Disappeared
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 25
If You've Got the Cash, Christie's Hollywood Auction Has the Stash
So is the name James Dean. He may be the Rebel Without a Pulse, but his possessions are highly collectible. The Christie's items being sold by a Dean intimate include an unsigned marriage certificate on which Dean is believed to have written the name of his flame, actress Pier Angeli. Packaged with Dean's prayer book, it's expected to bring $3,000 to $5,000.
Who buys this stuff? People like retired British banker David Roberts, 52, who plans to bid on a sequined Marilyn Monroe gown ($20,000-$30,000). "If I don't get it, I'll get Carole Lombard's toothpick," he jokes. No, that's not really on sale—but he can pick up Jean Harlow's powder puff for about $2,000.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!