Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Scandal Secrets! Who Took Olivia Pope Hostage? (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Why Is Britney Spears's Boyfriend, Charlie Ebersol, Teaming Up with Michelle Obama?
- Convicted Drug Dealer Charged in Murder of Fox Executive
- Excited Woman Falls to Her Death After Her Boyfriend Proposes on the Edge of a Cliff
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 25
If You've Got the Cash, Christie's Hollywood Auction Has the Stash
So is the name James Dean. He may be the Rebel Without a Pulse, but his possessions are highly collectible. The Christie's items being sold by a Dean intimate include an unsigned marriage certificate on which Dean is believed to have written the name of his flame, actress Pier Angeli. Packaged with Dean's prayer book, it's expected to bring $3,000 to $5,000.
Who buys this stuff? People like retired British banker David Roberts, 52, who plans to bid on a sequined Marilyn Monroe gown ($20,000-$30,000). "If I don't get it, I'll get Carole Lombard's toothpick," he jokes. No, that's not really on sale—but he can pick up Jean Harlow's powder puff for about $2,000.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!