Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All the Swoon-Worthy GIFs You'll Ever Need from Ryan Reynold's Superbowl Commercial
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Dresses as Robin and Makes Out with a Man in Drag During Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Ceremony
- Hungry Girl: The Healthy 8-Layer Dip You Need to Make for Super Bowl Sunday
- Solange Knowles Reportedly Loses Wedding Ring While on Mardi Gras Parade Route
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 3
Addams Child Wednesday Has Been Full of Woe
In 1974, Loring's mother, Judith, died of chronic alcoholism at the age of 34. At the time, Loring was 16, already a mother herself to newborn Vanessa and on her way to her first divorce (from childhood sweetheart Farrell Foumberg). Daughter Marianne was Suborn in 1984 during Loring's second marriage, to actor Doug Stevenson. But it was when her third union, with porn star Paul Siederman, began to founder in 1991 that she turned to drugs and eventually heroin for consolation. That year she discovered the body of her friend Kelly Van Dyke (daughter of actor Jerry), after an apparent suicide by hanging, and tried a deliberate overdose. "I was disillusioned about my adult life," she says curtly.
Three years ago, Loring went into rehab and beat her addiction. She now has a new beau (sound technician Tim Drury, son of James, star of the 1960s TV series The Virginian) and a job at a Santa Monica interior design firm, the Painted-Lady. After Addams, Loring vowed never to act again, but in 1981 she changed her mind and began a three-year stint as Cricket Montgomery on the soap As the World Turns. Now 37, she graciously praises Addams Family film star Christina Ricci as "a perfect Wednesday" and would like to find a new niche for herself in showbiz. "I'm trying, but I'm afraid of the rejection," she says, adding that she does have standards. "I will not do any schlock. But I'd love to do a Quentin Tarantino film."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!