Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Dos and Don'ts of What Thanksgiving Foods are Safe for Your Dog
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- The (Super-Flattering!) It Girl Dress Every Closet Needs
- Prince Harry Reunited with African Orphan Friend at Charity Center Honoring Princess Diana: 'We Shared a Similar Feeling of Loss'
- The 10 Most Outrageous Turkey Questions the Butterball Hotline Has Ever Been Asked
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 3
Eight Wasn't Enough, but Life in Kansas Is Plenty for Willie Aames
She wasn't far off about the beans. For the past four years, the Aames family, which includes daughter Harleigh, 5, has lived in rural Olathe, in a ranch house with a picket fence and a vast vegetable garden. "We're so happy here," says Aames, 35, who produces and directs for a video company in nearby Kansas City. "It's clean, and people are friendly."
After cancellation disbanded his TV family in 1981, Aames, who played insecure teen Tommy Bradford, fell into aging-kid-actor limbo: he started a rock band, costarred in the syndicated series Charles in Charge, did cocaine. In 1984, after the breakup of a brief first marriage (his son Christopher, 14, lives in Costa Mesa, Calif., with his mother, Victoria Weatherman), Aames saw the light while reading Wired, the John Belushi biography. "I realized I might end up dead if I didn't change," he says. By the time he met Maylo, he had been clean six months. "He talked about wanting to live on an island," says Maylo, 32, who kicked her own drug habit with Willie's help before their 1986 marriage. Aames stumbled upon their island of calm while visiting Kansas City to discuss producing a fishing video. "Life," he says now, "doesn't get any better than this."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!