Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amber Heard Calls Out Johnny Depp for Using Charity Donation as 'His Tax Deduction'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- The Election Has Made Oprah Winfrey Wish She Had a TV Show Again So She 'Could Explain What Is Happening'
- From Bae to Boss: Bella Thorne Confirms She's Single as She Gushes Ex Gregg Sulkin Is 'Killing It' on Vampire Movie She's Producing
- John Krasinski on Date Nights and Raising Daughters with 'Amazing Wife' Emily Blunt: 'It's Important to Preserve Your Relationship'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 18, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 12
Tonya Harding Turns Pop Diva and Is Treated to a Critical Mugging
Harding, it seems, has trouble pleasing anyone these days. The former ice queen, who received three years' probation for covering up her and her husband's involvement in the 1994 attack on figure-skating rival Nancy Kerrigan, was back in court in August trying—and failing—to be released from the last 100 of her 500 hours of community service. The judge also refused to allow her to redirect $25,000 of her $100,000 fine from the Special Olympics to Loaves and Fishes, the soup kitchen for the elderly in which she volunteers. Still banned from international skating competition, Harding continues to rehearse her routines, but the only performance date on her calendar is a tentative appearance in Japan this fall.
Divorced since 1993 from ex-husband Jeff Gillooly (who served six months in prison for the Kerrigan attack and recently changed his surname to Stone), Harding seems to be searching for solace in religion and in the embrace of the substitute family that makes up her quartet—voice teacher Linda Lewis, 49, her husband, Greg, 36, and the couple's 21-year-old niece Shannon Kuratli. "She calls my mother Mom and she calls us sisters," said Kuratli's sister Leslie Davis. Harding and the extended Lewis clan are fellow parishioners at the fundamentalist East Hill Four Square Church in Gresham, Ore. "We have given her the family life she never had," said Davis. "She's a nice person. She just looked for love in all the wrong places."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!