Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Jamie Foxx's Joke About Bruce Jenner Falls Flat at iHeartRadio Awards
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 02, 1995
- Vol. 45
- No. 14
TV Weatherman Al Roker Takes 20/20's Deborah Roberts Beyond Bridal Showers
As it turned out, he didn't. On Sept. 16, as the Boys Choir of Harlem sang and the E train rumbled in the distance, native New Yorker Roker, 41, and Roberts, 34, of Perry, Ga., calmly exchanged vows. But their 200 or so guests—including ABC's Barbara Walters, Today coanchor Katie Couric and talk show host Rolanda Watts—were less restrained. "I cried," said Watts, "but then, I cry at everything."
The couple met in 1990, when Roberts did a brief stint on Today's news. But there was no romance, they say: He was in his second marriage (he has a daughter, Courtney, 8), and she was soon off to NBC's Miami bureau. In 1992, Roberts moved back to Manhattan to work for Dateline, and while away on assignment asked Roker, by then divorced, to house-sit. "When I got back," says Roberts, who moved to ABC's 20/20 this past spring, "he had left flowers, stocked the refrigerator and written a really nice note."
Three years later, he was on his knee at the Grand Canyon. "Al said, 'I want to ask you in front of all this if you'll marry me,' " recalls Roberts. "If she had said no," adds Roker, "I could have jumped." Instead, they jumped into wedding plans—culminating in a honeymoon in France. "I don't think they'll miss us," says Couric.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!