Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William Meets with Chinese President During Landmark Visit
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- WARNING: Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single Will Get Stuck in Your Head
- Los Angeles Police Fatally Shoot Homeless Man in Altercation Caught on Video
- Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger Go On a Disneyland Date with Noah Cyrus in Tow
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 30, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 18
The Fall Guy
Little Grant Taylor Huff Tumbles 80 Feet Without Injury
As luck had it, Jim and Maria Lindsay were walking their two Siberian huskies along the beach. Maria, 32, an occupational therapist, saw something crash into the surf and realized with a shock that it was a toddler. "He was trying to lift his head, and waves were pulling him down," says Jim, 39, an investment adviser. Jim grabbed the child, gave him to Maria to cradle and dashed to phone 911. When Taylor arrived, paramedics were already treating the boy.
Grant—who had apparently climbed over a fence into the yard of a neighbor with no safety wall—suffered only minor bruises, probably because babies' bones are so elastic, a Quality one emergency-room staffer calls P.B.F.—Positive Bounce Factor. Indeed, Grant easily bounced back to his regular routine of Sesame Street and playing on his scooter. Will he be visiting his grandparents soon? "Not," says his mom, "until they put up a new fence."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!