Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine Reunite to Sing 'A Whole New World' 23 Years Later (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Brothel Owner Details Lamar Odom's Weekend Before He was Found Unresponsive
- VIDEO: Carey Mulligan Reveals Her Daughter's Name – Find Out What She Chose
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders Shake on It: 'Enough About the Emails!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 11, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 24
Collectors Find Mark Miles's Uniquely Hued Snakes Perfectly Charming
Miles has been a snake fancier since his Kansas City childhood. By 1985 he was working as a mechanic and tending 10 reptiles in the garage of his ranch-style home. It wasn't until 1988, when he drove to Oklahoma City to see one of the first albino pythons bred in the U.S.—its ancestor had sold for $20,000—that he thought of going into business. Borrowing money from girlfriend Tina Pollard (they married in 1989 and have two children, Ryan, 4, and Courtney, 2), he bought three albinos; 18 months later they had produced 200 pale offspring. Nowadays, because breeding has made them more plentiful, the asking price for some non-patterned albino pythons has dropped to $150. "The designer snake market is very competitive," says Erica Ramus, editor of Reptile & Amphibian Magazine. "Everybody is looking for that rare find that will allow them to make something unique and expensive."
Last year, Miles used his snake profits to open his hometown pet store, Miles of Exotics, where he keeps his collection. That's fine with Tina. "Since we've been married," she says, "I was never able to park in the garage."
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!