Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher Has a Panic Attack over Sending Home a Man She Loves – 'I'm Making a Mistake'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- RHONY: Did LuAnn de Lesseps Know About Her Fiancé's 'Friends with Benefits' Relationship with Sonja Morgan?
- 'Middle-Class Joe' Biden Rips Into Donald Trump as 'A Bunch of Malarkey'
- How J.K. Rowling Has Tweaked With Her Own Harry Potter Canon – To The Delight (And Disdain!) of Fans
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 25, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 26
Most Intriguing Friend
Jennifer Aniston, Gen-X's Mary Tyler Moore, Turns the World on with Her...Perfect Shag & Hit TV Show
Five years ago, Aniston was a notch above nobody, floundering in the flop series Ferris Bueller, agonizing over (you're gonna love this) split ends. "She kept a tiny scissors in the glove compartment of her car," says Bueller costar Charlie Schlatter. "Every so often she'd pull a strand in front of her face and snip it." Today, she is only one member of the carefully balanced ensemble cast that has turned Friends into a sitcom sensation. And yet each week, Aniston rises above the confines of her character—Rachel Green, the suburban princess turned coffee peddler—to embody the spirit of her generation: quirky, confused, hopeful that a decent cup of coffee is proof enough that reality doesn't always bite. "It's not just Rachel's situation people connect to," says the Manhattan-reared Aniston. "It's her essence."
Make that the essence of Aniston as well. "Jennifer can be a little distracted, like her character," says close pal and Friends costar Courteney Cox Arquette. "But she's so warm and funny. It's impossible not to like this girl." Remotes across the country second the affection.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!