Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Slice Is Right! The Best Celebrity Birthday Cakes
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Megyn Kelly's Husband Explains Why They Needed a Do-Over for Their First Kiss
- Cam Opens Up About Wedding Planning with Her Fiancé: 'He Has a Great Eye,' Says the Singer
- WATCH: Audra McDonald on What She Got from Her Mom (Her Strong Arms!) – and What She Didn't (Her Height!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 25, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 26
Most Intriguing Friend
Jennifer Aniston, Gen-X's Mary Tyler Moore, Turns the World on with Her...Perfect Shag & Hit TV Show
Five years ago, Aniston was a notch above nobody, floundering in the flop series Ferris Bueller, agonizing over (you're gonna love this) split ends. "She kept a tiny scissors in the glove compartment of her car," says Bueller costar Charlie Schlatter. "Every so often she'd pull a strand in front of her face and snip it." Today, she is only one member of the carefully balanced ensemble cast that has turned Friends into a sitcom sensation. And yet each week, Aniston rises above the confines of her character—Rachel Green, the suburban princess turned coffee peddler—to embody the spirit of her generation: quirky, confused, hopeful that a decent cup of coffee is proof enough that reality doesn't always bite. "It's not just Rachel's situation people connect to," says the Manhattan-reared Aniston. "It's her essence."
Make that the essence of Aniston as well. "Jennifer can be a little distracted, like her character," says close pal and Friends costar Courteney Cox Arquette. "But she's so warm and funny. It's impossible not to like this girl." Remotes across the country second the affection.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!