Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Corden Act Out His Films in Six Minutes
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' (Video)
- Met Gala 2015 Hair Trend: Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lawrence Lead the Chic Topknot Club
- Cara Delevingne Accessorizes Her Met Gala Look with Tattoos: See Her Ink!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 25, 1995
- Vol. 44
- No. 26
Most Intriguing Friend
Jennifer Aniston, Gen-X's Mary Tyler Moore, Turns the World on with Her...Perfect Shag & Hit TV Show
Five years ago, Aniston was a notch above nobody, floundering in the flop series Ferris Bueller, agonizing over (you're gonna love this) split ends. "She kept a tiny scissors in the glove compartment of her car," says Bueller costar Charlie Schlatter. "Every so often she'd pull a strand in front of her face and snip it." Today, she is only one member of the carefully balanced ensemble cast that has turned Friends into a sitcom sensation. And yet each week, Aniston rises above the confines of her character—Rachel Green, the suburban princess turned coffee peddler—to embody the spirit of her generation: quirky, confused, hopeful that a decent cup of coffee is proof enough that reality doesn't always bite. "It's not just Rachel's situation people connect to," says the Manhattan-reared Aniston. "It's her essence."
Make that the essence of Aniston as well. "Jennifer can be a little distracted, like her character," says close pal and Friends costar Courteney Cox Arquette. "But she's so warm and funny. It's impossible not to like this girl." Remotes across the country second the affection.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!