Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chrissy Teigen's Daughter Meets with 'Auntie' Kim Kardashian – and Even Gets Kanye to Smile
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Tracy Anderson Says Jennifer Lopez's Kids Love to Crash Mom's Workouts: 'Max Is so Full of Energy'
- Popping Bottles! Justin Bieber Helps Celebrate Lewis Hamilton's Grand Prix Win by Taking a Giant Swig
- Gunman Among at Least 2 Dead in Texas Shooting That Left 6 Injured: 'They Were Shooting Randomly, Just at Whoever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 19, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 7
Vows of Silence
Is Prince's Wedding for Real or a Canny Publicity Stunt? Only He and His Valentine Know for Sure
And behold! Kamasutra, a recording Prince "commissioned" his band to create "as a gift to his bride," according to a press announcement, will be released later this year after live performances at wedding "celebration parties" in Paris and London. And as the couple exchange vows in private, details of the ceremony will first be divulged on a World Wide Web site emceed by supermodel Veronica Webb. Prince's publicist, Kristin Poe, insists the wedding is not a publicity stunt. "He wouldn't be getting married if he wasn't in love," she says.
But many are left to wonder. Prince's handlers have refused to reveal information about the bride-to-be, though Mayte—variously reported to be 22 or 26 and from Puerto Rico or Germany—has been seen wearing a large diamond engagement ring and reportedly has met Prince's mother, longtime Minneapolis public school teacher Mattie Shaw Nelson. Paris officials say Prince has not yet registered to marry, and even Prince's father, musician John Nelson, who lives in Prince's purple former home in suburban Minneapolis, apparently remains in the dark. "He didn't know anything about it, and he talks to Prince a lot," says cousin Marge Turner. "So I have no idea if [Prince] is really getting married." As Prince would script it, they'll ½ W8 & C.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!